The Black Mountain Lodge does not offer a 24 hour service. Therefore, if you anticipate arriving late at The Black Mountain Lodge, please call on 01497 847 779 to advise your estimated time of arrival so we can ensure you have access to your room. Arrivals after 10pm will be regarded as no shows unless otherwise agreed with a member of staff.
All outstanding amounts will be payable during your stay.
VAT is included in the cost at the current rate.
No Pets Allowed.
Free parking is available onsite.
Late Checkouts and early check ins must be pre arranged and will carry an extra charge.
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Packages:
A Table cannot be guaranteed unless a specific time has been booked.
Supplements may apply to some dishes.
Bookings are non refundable or transferable. Restaurant opening times are between 6.00pm - 9.00pm Friday & saturdays. 6pm - 8pm Mondays & Thursdays, Closed Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
Arriving later than 8.00pm will result in losing your dinner allowance for that evening.
- Travelling east from Brecon head towards Hay-on-Wye on the A438/B4350 (approx 15 minute drive) Pass through the village of Glasbury-on-Wye, The lodge is located approx 500 metres, after the village, on the right hand side.
- Travelling from Hereford follow the A438 towards Brecon (approx 40 minute drive). This will bring you to a T-Junction in the village of Glasbury-on-Wye,
Turn left at the junction signposted Hay-on-Wye (petrol station on the corner). After approx 500 metres the lodge will be located on the right hand side.
- Travelling from Hay-on-Wye follow the B4350 towards Brecon for approx 4 miles, the Lodge is situated on your left hand side before entering the village
- Hereford is the nearest train station and is approx a 40 minute drive. There is a bus connection from Hereford which is approx a 5 minute walk from the train station (see below for bus details).
- From Hereford Bus Station catch stagecoach bus No.39 displayed Brecon. Ask the
bus driver to stop at the Black Mountain Lodge, located on the left hand-side, before entering the village of Glasbury-on-Wye. Bus travel time is approx 1 hour.
- From Brecon Bulwark catch stagecoach bus No.39 displayed Hereford. Ask the bus
driver to stop at the Black Mountain Lodge approx 500 metres after the village of
Glasbury-on-Wye. Bus travel time is approx 30 minutes.